Privacy and Security
We collect NO personal information like names or addresses when you visit our website, unless you choose to provide it to us. If you do choose to provide that information to us, it is only used for the purpose for which you gave it to us.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
We do collect some technical information. For example, when you browse, read pages, or download information on the BSA Coalition’s website, we automatically gather and store certain technical information about your visit. This information never identifies who you are. The information we collect and store about your visit is listed below:
- The Internet protocol (IP) address of the domain from which you access the internet (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account) and IP address from which you access our website (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web);
- The type of browser (for example, Internet Explorer, Firefox) and operating system (Windows, Unix) used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit;
- The action that you perform (for example, download a document) and whether or not you were successful; and
- If you linked to the BSA Coalition’s website from another website, the address of that website.
This information is used to help us make the site more useful for you. With this data we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We also use this data to optimize the site’s technical design specifications and/or identify system performance or problem areas. This information is used as a source of anonymous statistical data and is retained for a period of five years; it is shared only when required for law enforcement purposes.
When you visit some websites, their web servers generate pieces of information known as cookies. A cookie is an entry placed in a file on your hard drive by a website that allows it to monitor your use of the website, usually without your knowledge. Some cookies collect personal information to recognize your computer in the future.
The BSA Coalition website uses a “persistent” cookie in very limited situations. A persistent cookie allows you to create and save customized reports or preference settings for future visits. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for longer periods. This type of cookie will remain on your hard drive until it reaches its expiration date or is deleted by you. The BSA Coalition uses a persistent cookie in connection with the following BSA Coalition webpage:
- BSA Coalition Sign Up, which maintains e-mail addresses that are voluntarily submitted by users so that they will be notified of public events organized by the BSA Coalition. The submitted e-mail address is maintained until it is deleted by the user.
If You Send Us Personal Information
You may decide to send the BSA Coalition information, including personally identifiable information. The information you supply–whether through a secure web form, a standard web form, or by sending an e-mail message–is maintained by the BSA Coalition for the purpose of processing your request or inquiry. The BSA Coalition also uses the information you supply in other ways to further the BSA Coalition’s mission of providing the tools, resources and expertise to assist financial institutions to create highly effective BSA/AML programs. The BSA Coalition’s website never collects information or creates individual profiles for commercial marketing.
If you register with a BSA Coalition online mailing list, the information you provide may also be used to send you communications from the BSA Coalition, or to notify you about updates to our website.
When you choose to send e-mail to the BSA Coalition you are consenting to the BSA Coalition using the information provided therein, including personally identifiable information, in accordance with this notice.
Computer software programs as well as other surveillance methods are used to monitor network traffic on the BSA Coalition’s website for security purposes. By accessing this website, you are expressly consenting to these monitoring activities.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs commercial software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.