Social Media Policy
The purpose of this Social Media Policy is to set forth guidelines for the social media activities of the BSA Coalition. This policy will establish guidelines and best practices for any social media platforms and tools the Coalition chooses to use for marketing and networking purposes. This includes, but is not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and the Coalition (website).
The Coalition’s social media efforts are targeted to the following stakeholders:
- To provide Coalition members with information and conversation/engagement opportunities relative to ongoing activities of the Coalition and within the BSA/AML industry.
- To create sufficient awareness in the industry that results in productive networking and partnership opportunities.
ASSIGNMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Coalition’s Advisory Board’s Director designee(s) will serve as the Social Media Manager(s) for the Coalition and will oversee the establishment of and maintenance of any social media presence. Inquiries regarding the Coalition’s Social Media strategy must be forwarded to the Social Media Manager(s) to ensure consistency and continuity in response and messaging.
RISK MANAGEMENT & COMPLIANCE
The Coalition will conduct its social media marketing and networking in full compliance with all state and federal laws, rules and regulations governing the BSA/AML environment, Information Security, and Privacy standards.
COALITION USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
The primary purpose of the Coalition’s social media presence will be marketing of industry events, networking amongst peers, and community building within the BSA/AML industry.
Negative Comments and Posts
It is the Coalition’s policy to remain transparent and not delete negative comments regarding the Coalition’s activities. The Coalition shall investigate all complaints in an attempt to understand the origin and to correct any error or misunderstanding caused by the Coalition’s online presence. The Social Media Manager (s) is responsible for monitoring content on an ongoing basis.
If a comment is determined inflammatory, exceedingly negative, and to be outside the normal course of Coalition business, or poses risk to its Board, members, or consumers it may be deleted at the discretion of the Social Media Manager(s) and/or the Advisory Board. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Vulgar language
- Personal attacks of any kind
- Comments or content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation
- Spam or links to other sites
- Clearly off topic
- Advocate illegal activity
- Promote particular services, products, or political organizations
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks
- Personally identifiable medical information
- Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
The Coalition’s Advisory Board will review this Social Media Policy on an annual basis, or as new social media forums are entered to ensure policy alignment with practice.